Wednesday, July 15, 2009

a week in Longview

Adam had a little over a week's vacation, so we went to Longview and had a great time! Adam and I painted a few more rooms in the house, Caden got to hang out with Grandmother and Grandaddy, and Adam got a break from school. Caden was in heaven.

Since it was BURNING HOT, we put the pool up on the porch, so the adults could enjoy some shade while Caden swam.

Caden has always liked Adam, but he REALLY likes him lately, and it's so much fun to watch them together.

This is Adam's pig, Glenn. He got him when he was a tiny little baby, and now...well....he's just a huge disgusting pig, who, after an unfortunate run-in with some dogs, only has 1 ear. I've suggested eating him a few times, but so far it's a no-go.

Kathy is a master gardener and has an amazing garden.

This is actually where Adam proposed!

Caden got to see and RIDE his first horse. He had some mixed emotions....

Mr. Eric is a very good rider/trainer though, and soon Caden felt safe....not the one below...but the one after.

Yes, Caden does have a mom.

Walking around, Caden would have to bend down every little bit to get a different rock. You can see him salivating just thinking about putting them in his mouth.

We've got about a month left here in Dallas before the big move. I have such a mixture of emotions when I think about it. I'm sad to leave our church home and our friends here, but I'm also R E A D Y to be out of an apt. and to actually have a real yard...like with grass and trees. :)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Where are you moving?

Kylea Hapka said...

Is it too late for me to try to change your mind about moving?

the campbell family said...

I love the picture of Caden and the tractor tire! He's just such a BOY! We will be kind of neighbors when we get to Jefferson and you get to Longview, maybe Jack and Caden can be buddies?

Bunch of Oranges said...

ok the porch pic is gorgeous! I could see that being 100 years old in someone's house one day... print it up! We are sure going to miss ya'll! My funny girl competition :) I will miss picking with you! Love ya'll!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Such great pictures of your family, as always! I swear...I need you and Adam to come up and help paint our house. It's so much easier if you do it BEFORE you actually move in. Hope moving isn't too stressful!