Tuesday, July 7, 2009

36 pictures for you

Janelle, Caden, and I drove to Nashville the week before Father's Day, and we had such a great time! We met a group that my parents used to camp with when we were little, and we headed to Dale Hollow Lake, which was probably one of the most beautiful lakes I've seen in a while. We all had motorhomes, and Caden enjoyed playing with all the toys the other kids had!...even if they were girl toys.

This was our sweet set-up. Dad spent HOURS getting these tarps up, and it was nice to have some shade

This is my dad with his mom. When we were little, we'd get to spend a week...sometimes 2 with she and my grandfather in the summer, and it was just the best. We would play on a huge dirt hill, carve soap, watch Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.....just have the best time.



Grandma and Grandpa tent-camped, and they had to dry their stuff off more than once after it stormed.

The buckin bronco made Caden get a little crazy eyed....

Caden loved my cousin's daughter, Ashton!

Caden loves cars. Whenever he sees one, he wants to drive, and with the motorhome, he just had a short crawl up to the driver's seat.

The lifejacket we got was NOT a hit with Caden, and I have to say I don't blame him.

We all went and ate one night, and then on the way back some of us wanted to wakeboard and some wanted to go back, so the pontoon was the ferry back to the campbground. We thought it looked like a tour boat.

Aunt Nell got in a lot of quality time. I thought it was good for her to practice before Patches arrives.

Sometimes Caden takes a bit to warm up to new faces. Mr. Campbell is very smart, and he figured a toy might help Caden warm up a little faster.

He was right. :)

Nope...this isn't me. :) but it is Abby, and she's quite good!


2 comments:

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

I love lake time fun! Looks like y'all had a great trip!

*Kendra* said...

Looks like tons of fun! Going to the lake is the best!