Monday, May 26, 2008

Twins, Handguns, Pictures, and Pitting Edema...what more could you ask for


So, this is a totally random mixture of stuff. The first thing I want to mention is a big CONGRATS!!! to my cousin Jenny and her husband Jeff!! They're expecting twins in November, and we're soooo excited for them!!
Now, I know the picture below may be disturbing to some of you. I promise the guns are not loaded, and notice how they're pointed down at the bad guys instead of at you. :) Adam has been wanting to take a Concealed Handgun License course for quite a while, so I decided that might be something we could do together......a little over 10 hours of togetherness to be exact! So, a couple of Saturdays ago, we headed up to the Bass Pro where the class began and finished the gun proficiency portion of the class. Adam is a bit of a better shot than I am.
The rest of the class was at the Golden Corral, and it was all about the legal aspects of having a concealed handgun and using one. Neither Adam or I plan to actually carry a handgun. We just wanted to be informed since we have them here at the apartment.
We'd been wanting to get some pictures of us while I was pregnant, so we took our trusty tripod down the road and ran back and forth. The sun was a bit bright even at 8:00, but we figured we'd better start before it got too late! I LOVE them! It was kind of hard to put my hands under my belly without it looking like I had to pee. He's just sitting so low!





Here are some pictures of Adam and I when we were born or shortly thereafter. With only 11 days left till my due date, we like to speculate about what our little guy will look like! This one is Adam at 5 days old.

I love this picture of Adam, but I'm not quite sure how old he was here.

This is me pretty soon after birth. Yes, those bags that I fight now were present from the very beginning. Thanks, mom and dad.This is me at 6 weeks.
And finally...kind of a bizarre picture. I was sitting on the couch cross legged last night, and when I unfolded my legs, I had a perfect of imprint of my left foot on my right shin. It looked so bizarre, I had to take a picture of it. My next Dr. appt is on Wednesday, so we'll see if I have anymore news to tell you! Until then, 11 days and counting!! or maybe more, I guess....;)

13 comments:

Natalie Church said...

That is a hilarious picture of your leg/foot! You look so great, too! I can't believe it's almost time...you look amazing. Good luck with everything. Keep the blog full of pictures so we can stay updated until ya'll come down!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

the pictures of you and adam are great! i can't believe you took them by yourself. we'll be praying for you guys over the next couple of weeks. by the way, y'all look tough w/ those handguns!

Rachel said...

Wow - your tripod takes great pictures! And your leg looks sick! Missed y'all at camp!

Jodi said...

Just wanted to say that we missed y'all this weekend... and that I absolutely LOOOOOOOOVE your yellow dress. You look stunning! If you could dedicate a post to the dress and let us know where that thing came from... :)

Kaylane said...

I just found your blog and wanted to say congratulations...or....almost congratulations! I had a little girl (Ella) a year ago and I am 5 months preggo again! :) Sounds scary I know...but I am VERY excited!

Hope all is well on your end and I pray that your delivery is an incredibly blessed experience for both you and Adam!

Shara Smith said...

Okay, the last picture of your leg kind of freaks me out...but the pictures of you and Adam are amazing! You look beautiful!! I am a little jealous that even your tripod can take better pictures than I can! Ha. We can't wait to meet that precious boy.

Wendy said...

Adam & Kristen

Still looking for names? Here are some our patients at Spencer Orthodontics have selected for you.

Stone Spencer, Parker, Brady, Bailey, Tag, Jack, Desmond, Colby, Christian,Ryan Kyle, Braxton, Hunter, Tollin, James, Taylor, Colton, Bryan, Broady, Jareth Lane, Corbin, Michael, Tyson, Elijah, Eric Anthony, Justin Blaine, Zane, Kason Lee, Caiden,
Ethan Clark, Camryn Grace, Jackson Clark, Brady, Skylar, Logan, Austin, Garret, Tyler.

The Blakes said...

I love the pictures of you and Adam. Can't wait for the big day!!!

Sarah said...

The pics of you and adam are wonderful! I love that color on you! You look beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

I love this post! You look just great! I can't believe that you are almost there. I'm dying to know the little guy's name.... We're thinking of you guys these last few days. Enjoy your last bit of freedom! ha,ha

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Those pictures turned out sooo good! I bet y'all are so excited! You are all three in my prayers!

Bunch of Oranges said...

"You might be a REDNECK if...... you take a gun shootin class while you are pregnant!" Oh my.... your pics are amazing... I am giddy with excitement for ya'll and I love love love your dress and your basketball belly....oh to be preggo! Love you girl!

Kyla said...

Hey!!! I live in Dallas now! That means that I am going to come see you in the hospital after you pop the little guy out. :) You look soooo cute and so beautiful right now! I love those pictures.