Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Aunt Doo Doo, Belly Shelf, and Retirement

A couple of weekends ago, I finally got to go and see Landry!!! She is just the cutest little thing, and I wish I could have spent more time with her. I was absolutely amazed at how well she slept....I mean, she slept through anything and everything! But she looked good doing it! :)
While Landry was sleeping, we spent a little time outside enjoying the weather. There was a big old snake out in the spillway, and we all watched as Clay wrangled it and transported it to a neighboring pond.

A cannot believe how big Avery is now. It seems like just a short while ago that she was Landry's size living next door! She did finally recognize me during this trip, and instead of Aunt Doodle, I have been dubbed Aunt Doo Doo. I could've seen that coming.
It was hard to get a good picture in the dark, but I think Mo has mastered the art of simple entertainment. Avery LOVES playing with her shadow, and Mo makes some mean finger puppets on the wall. I have decided to forgo TV trays right now for my belly. I mean, it's just the perfect shelf, and since it normally catches everything that I drip or drop anyway, why not let it serve a useful purpose!


My school team decided to organize a student shower, and it was SO nice and the cutest thing ever. We all met at the end of our hall this past Monday morning, and they ate cake and watched me open presents. I work with some great people!



Now, those of you who know me very well will recognize this gesture. I think I have a picture like this from EVERY shower, EVERY public speech, EVERY event that requires the attention to be on me. This is what is known as the finger swipe, and it serves to wipe the sweat that ALWAYS pops out on my upper lip. Not fun, but I'm beginning to expect and accept it. Ha!
And now to explain that third word in this blog's title. I have officially retired from teaching. My blood pressure had gone up a bit, and Dr. New decided it might be best to keep me off of my feet for the rest of the year. Who am I to question his highly intelligent diagnosis? So....I'm loving life today and working on the nursery. Only about a month to go!!!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I just thought I would let you know that Roselyn also calls you 'Doo doo' when she sees your picture on the fridge. I think it's appropriate, similar to her name for Clay 'ca-ca'. The girl is a good judge of character.

Glad to hear of your retirement - don't work to hard on the nursery - you're supposed to be taking it easy!

Sorry I missed you when you were in Paris - I hope you are feeling well and hope to see you soon!

Love,
Rachel

Maurine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maurine said...

YAY for Aunt DooDoo! Congratulations on your early retirement! Make sure you keep that blood pressure low... you should probably stay away from things like cooking and cleaning, they always make my blood pressure go up. And, by the way, when I asked Avery what she was thankful for in our prayer the other night, she said, "DooDoo". I'm assuming she meant you since the other doodoo is something you're not normally all that thankful for! :)

Bunch of Oranges said...

ok...so you might just need a new name? Ha! Keep them feet up and rest... cuz he's a comin soon! Can't wait to see you again! :) Miss ya!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Congratulations on your retirement! That is truly a beautiful, but extremely misleading word for what you are about to embark on. Nonstop shiftwork is a more accurate term. But so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

Finger swipe- Hilarious!!! I know I do that too. Congrats on retirement. You'll love it! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

*Kendra* said...

I wish I could retire. I just put my 5th bandaid of the day on a finger that didn't have anything wrong with it. Silly kindergarten kids! Take it easy!

Wendy said...

Adam and Kristen,
Have you picked a name yet? If not we are doing the name game at the office. Not much longer, better hurry! Take advantage of retirement and rest now cause there won't be much later. There will be lots of blessings and fun though!
Wendy @ Dr. Spencers Office

Jessica said...

I love your big belly! I hope that you are relaxing and having fun fixing up your nursery. Can't wait to see your precious baby boy.
In HIM-Jessica (Jaymie's friend and Beef's wife)