Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lonview, Camp, and Confession

Just in case you were confused by the caption under this picture, this is Caden's one month picture. Our good friend, Dru got this monkey especially for Caden, and we thought it would be a great way to measure Caden's growth from month to month. As you can see in the second picture, Caden was a little upset. The monkey was a bit of a "close talker" and Caden just wanted a little space.


We took another road trip this weekend to Longview, where Caden got to meet the girls up at Clark's office. He was right at home and can't wait to be back!!
Caden also got a lot of time with Uncle Kyle and Aunt Shanna, Grandaddy, and Grandmommy and PawPaw (Adam's grandparents). Caden didn't get held all weekend, as you can see.
We decided to take Caden to Camp Deer Run for middle Sunday, and it was BURNING HOT, but he was a champ! I think the oppressive heat lulled him to sleep, but he got to spend some good quality time with his Uncle Ty.
I'm a little worried here about Landry's face. I'm sure she's plotting something mischievous!
Since I posted the "lovely" picture of Aunt Nell a couple of blog posts ago, I felt it only fair to post some lovely ones of me as well.Now, for the confession part of this blog post. I was at the chiropractor's office today, and I had my first "that was really stupid" moment. I had taken Caden out of his car seat to hold him for a little bit, and I set him back in to move rooms. I didn't buckle him in cause we were just going a little way. Well, half way to my destination, the car seat suddenly felt a little lighter. I looked back, and Caden was face down on the floor. Naturally, I panicked and picked him up. He stopped his screaming within a couple of seconds, but I felt like a HORRIBLE mom! It didn't help that I did it in front of waiting patients either. I'd love to see what was scrolling through their minds as they watched a young (inexperienced) mom dump their newborn onto the floor. So, I tried to get some pictures of the carpet burn Caden ended up with. It didn't really show up, but I got some pretty good expressions anyway. Lesson learned.



4 comments:

Melanie said...

You're not a horrible mommy! You should ask Demra about her similar experience. Like always, he's just adorable and your scrapping is great!

Noe Family said...

Ok, I know you were mortified at dumping your sweet little newborn, but that just gave me the best laugh of the week! Of course I laughed after I read that he was ok, but to picture that in a waiting room....that's funny!!

Bunch of Oranges said...

ok LOL... made my day! Sorry Caden! Sometimes us adults need some strong things to make us laugh. I am glad he is ok.... You are a great mommy...just stay home and it won't happen.... oh yeah it will.... Emmie jumped out of her high chair... oops...guess I didn't strap her in! Nobody's perfect...even me! :) So laugh a little! :) Love!

Amber said...

hey, i'm just happy you noticed that he was missing!! :) Ayelan consumes so much of my attention i have totally forgotten about Auburn several times and have left her :)thanks for making me laugh! amber