Tuesday, November 27, 2007

12 weeks pregnant and Thanksgiving



I have to say...I love Thanksgiving. I had been craving my Grandma Saunders's mashed potatoes for a couple of weeks, and let's just say they didn't disappoint! :) We go every other year (due to the married, rotating schedule) to Rogersville, TN, which is where my Dad's parents live. It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but it's always been so much fun. We've had an annual paintball tournament for as long as I can remember; we play cards; we relax; and we get to be outside. It's perfect. To the left is a picture of the Saunders clan. It's been quite a while since everyone's been together at the same time! As you can see, Thanksgiving is quite a formal affair.


We also had our Church cousin Christmas party at my Aunt Kay and Neal dog's house. We normally play some kind of Bingo type came with everyone's birthdays for some fabulous prizes, provided by Aunt Kay. Without fail, Elizabeth always remembers the most birthdays. I've already begun studying so I can dominate next year.
And last, but certainly not least, I had my 12 week check-up yesterday, and it made me sooo excited!! the ultrasound actually looked like a baby, rather than an alien or...well....nothing. It did a couple of flips, which I thought was very impressive. I think it will be a coordinated athlete, much like its mother. ha! It was just amazing to see arms and legs. The next appt. is on the 21st, and if the baby cooperates, we'll be able to find out the sex! Woohoo! None of this waiting for a surprise. Yes, I'm calling all of you out who wait and torture the rest of us.

Well, that's all for now!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I will not be defeated on the birthdays, so don't even bother trying! ha

What an adorable picture of baby spencer! Who do you think it looks like? When you say the 21st, is that of December? That is so soon!

Melanie said...

How exciting!! The sonogram pictures really make it seem real, huh!? Cohen is keeping his fingers crossed for a boy. Can't wait to find out!

Maurine said...

WooHoo! Out of the 1st trimester... an accomplishment for sure! You'll never catch up with Buddy though!
I can't wait to find out what little Schrute is! I guess that means you technically get first dibs on names.

Shara Smith said...

I am so excited for you guys! I love that little Spencer!!

Mindi said...

I had no idea that you were pregnant! Congratulations!

jaymie said...

oops i guess i forgot to tell mindi that you were pregnant...oops. i already love that little baby!

Clendenen said...

Adam, blog eh? more like blah, blah, blahg...let's try and spice it up a little. j/k lol lylas we love reading about you guys and are praying for a healthy pregancy.

Llon
http://clendenen.blogspot.com/

Scatter Sunshine said...

Hi Kristen, you probably don't remember me, but we met at one of your wedding showers in Longview. My family (the Silverthornes) are long-time friends of Adam's family. So I got to your blog through the chain of Alpine church-goers blogs, browsing around link-to-link-to-link, you know how it is (weird, huh? small world). Anyway, I just wanted to say, Congratulations! on the little blessing coming your way! Please say hello to Adam for me! - Angela (Silverthorne) Bussey