Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thank You God

I don't know if you can tell exactly what happened from looking at this picture, so let me try and map it out for you. There's a green changing pad on the ground. There's an empty down rod hanging from the ceiling above...and there's a ceiling fan lying on the ground.

Caden, Cookie, and Drayton had been swimming in this little plastic pool to the left, and I'd brought Tate out on that green changing pad. He'd been laying there, just where it is, and we'd turned that ceiling fan on to get a breeze. It hadn't been too long, when we heard a crash. It took just a moment to realize that the fan had fallen out of the ceiling. It should have landed directly where Tate was sleeping but something kept it from going where it should. The fan blade swept over his back, and it tipped to the side.

It was one of those "what if" moments...one of those moments where we immediately thanked God for His protection. One of those times where we realized that even if that fan had fallen as it should have and crushed our little boy, that God would still have been good.

3 comments:

Kyla said...

Oh. My. Goodness. My mouth was hanging open as I read this. Thank you Lord is right! Wow. So sorry for the scare, and so thankful that Tate is alright! I guess you'll probably never really trust a ceiling fan again! I'm studying mine right now. :)

The Zivneys said...

What a miracle!!

erin f. said...

Oh my...tears are rushing out of my eyes! I am so thankful that Tate is okay. That kind of thing always puts it in perspective! Thank God!