Monday, May 10, 2010

Tate is here! Hallelujah!!

This is Kristen here coming at you from the Longview Hilton....I mean the hospital. :) For those of you who haven't been watching my due date like a hawk, Tate was supposed to come (according to the wonderful Dr. Tibiletti) on May 1st. Tate decided that was a bit early. He needed to fatten up a bit more first. So, he chose one of his favorite aunts, Stefani's birthday instead.

Contractions began around 8 this morning, and by 10-ish, I was feeling a bit panicked. We got to the hospital around 10:45, and by then my contractions were 3 1/2 min. apart. Needless to say, I was ready for my backless gown and room. Here we are below...the last picture of our family of 3. Sorry, no picture of the backless gown. Yes, I know I look wonderful in my wife beater and Adam's shorts.

And here is Mr. Tate! He made his debut at 2:30 and weighed in at 8 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches. His delivery went much smoother than Caden's, and we're just so thankful....so thankful that we're all healthy. God is just so good...all the time.

Tomorrow he may be 19 inches. I'm not sure how much of his Caden-esque cone head measured into his height. Apparently that's my birth canal's signature.

We both thought he looked just like Caden, but we're starting to change our mind. Something here reminds me of my Grandfather Church. By the way, those aren't my fingers. They're too long and skinny.

Daddy, Tate, and Grandmother, who has been a champ watching Caden and coming to the hospital!!

Caden's not quite sure what's about to hit him, I don't think, but he was pretty sweet. Pretty much he was more interested in the hospital bed buttons than the little wrapped ball of flesh, or brudder.




Thank you ALL for your continued thoughts and prayers! We crave them and are so thankful to be surrounded by so many who love us and were interceding for us!

6 comments:

Amber said...

sooo sweet! we are so happy for you guys. i laughed when i saw Caden go strait for Tate's eyes. thats auburn's go to every-time she gets close to Easton, still. i think he immediately starts rapidly blinking when he see's her coming :) Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!!

Melanie said...

Congrats! We're so happy for you guys!!

Alli said...

Congratulations Adam & Doodle!

The Zivneys said...

Congratulations Kristen and Adam!! I'm so glad to hear Tate is finally here and everything went well (way to go on that rapid delivery, Kristen!). We're looking forward to meeting Tate! And the video of Caden, Adam and Tate is just precious. What a good big brother :)

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations Spencers!!! He's so cute and BIG!!! Way to go! And, loving that head. I love your signature mark! HA!