Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SNOW!

I'm sure most of you have not even heard the news that it snowed in Texas. (please insert sarcasm here). :) It was pretty shocking though, and perfect timing, seeing that it allowed my mom to stay a few more days and play with us.

Caden wasn't too sure about the cold white stuff at first, but he made an uneasy peace with it.

It's a little hard to tell, but he's getting in position to beat the tar out of the snow on that branch.

Sometimes he plays with real toys, but he mostly prefers things like this tether ball on a string.

We don't have a real dog, but Caden does have a love for animals that he did not get from me. Every time we go outside, we have to visit his yard art dog and frog. I think they get more hugs and kisses than Adam and me.

High-stepping through the back yard.

I know by this point at least his hands were about to freeze off, but he just loves to swing.

and sing...simultaneously. This Little Light of Mine is always his first request.

Followed closely by The Wise Man Built.....this is the Oooooooh part right before the rains came down.

Some time after the swinging, we hit a tiny meltdown, but it was nothing some balls couldn't fix.

Accompanied by some sticks

And here is my creepy snowman. I'm pretty sure I looked like a "special" kid out there finishing it by myself while Cookie took Caden in, but it's just so much fun to play, whether you have a kid to blame it on or not.


1 comment:

the campbell family said...

Y'all got a lot more snow than we did, but we had the best time playing in it. Tim and I had more fun throwing snowballs at each other than Riley, so you're not alone :) And Caden looks so cute in his cozy red fleece outfit!