Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Maaaarathon Man!

Adam's marathon day finally arrived, so we packed up and drove to Waco Saturday. Adam and Caden chilled out and watched the Texas game.


This is a picture of Adam's sweet tat that he got to keep him on pace. This is gonna look really nasty when he's old and wrinkly, but it's a great souvenier.

The marathon started at 7:30, and I pulled myself out of bed to see him off and get a picture of him at the finish line.

And......he's off!




Adam's mom, Kathy, came to cheer him on, and I was so glad to have here there!

Here we are at mile 12. This course is known for it's killer hills the second half of the marathon, and they weren't kidding. Some of them looked absolutely terrible.





This is mile 18 or thereabouts. Still looking good!!!





And.......now at mile 23!! At this point, Adam was feeling it a bit. They ran through Cameron Park, and it had some of the worst hills.

And FINISHED!!!! yaaaaay! The man behind him tried to beat him out at the end, but Adam stuck his foot out and tripped him just in time.

One tired runner!
After the race, we stuck around for the award ceremony and Adam ended up being 2nd in his age division. This guy was 3rd, and we felt a picture was in order when we saw his sweet stache!! You have to look closely cause it kind of blends in with his skin.

Caden was a trooper all day and cheered super loud whenever he saw his daddy!






























































8 comments:

Life as a Spencer! said...

The picture of them on the couch is so stinkin' cute! Shane and I's favorite pic of Caden so far!

Katie said...

Way to go Adam! You're my hero! I'm with Crystal and Shane on that picture of Caden and Adam on the couch.Soo sweet! I also love the one of Caden with his lip out. He is just precious!

Bunch of Oranges said...

Awesome Adam! It's a huge accomplishment and goal to reach! I cannot imagine those hills! I also can't imagine running one alone? You go! It looked like a pretty run... Caden has some adorable faces and I LOVE the one of him and Adam on the bed! AWWW priceless! :)

Rachel said...

Wow. Great job, Adam! I have no desire to ever do that, but much admiration for those that do.

I think Caden should have won a medal for cutest baby there! He gets cuter ever time I see him!

The Keltners said...

Congrats Adam, great job!

Julie said...

Oh you guys don't even want to know how upset I was when MY MOM told me she read your blog and you were in Waco. Adam, I think you ran right past my house! Yall are in hot water. Email me sometime:
julie.hays@kwtx.com

Love you guys,

Julie (Shelton)

Natalie said...

Way to go Adam!!!! So, when's your next marathon? HA!

So glad Momma Kathy got to come too. A whole entourage!

Michael and Katie said...

Awesome Adam! I know what you mean by "Adam was feeling it a bit" at mile 23...I think that was my hardest mile of the marathon. I was giving my family the thumbs up at mile 20, but it went downhill from there! :) I know that's such a great feeling of accomplishment. Glad to see you guys are doing well and Caden is just precious!

katie (allen) clark