Saturday, March 22, 2008

Nashville Family Shower, 7 month belly, and Our Nursery so far....

My sister Janelle and I drove to Nashville for Spring Break, and it was WONDERFUL! Basically whenever we go home, it is the ultimate in reeeeelaxation. We catch up on all the movies we've missed for, oh, say the past year or so, eat fantastic food, work out, and....well....that's about it. :0) It's GREAT! This trip, my family got together a shower for me, and it was fun to catch up and see all the cute little guy things they picked out. Thanks, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Below is part of the shower group, including cousins, babies of cousins (I'm not sure what exactly that makes them to me.....2nd cousin?) aunts, grandmother, sister, and mom. I really appreciated everyone taking the time to come! :) My aunt Ruth gave us this grrrreat pirate book, and Janelle and I felt the accompanying pose was appropriate. I realise that I look mildly...."special"
Mom, Janelle, and I with a cute hoodie!


This was the view today from above my belly. Nice. Very nice.Here is the belly at 29 weeks. Only 11 weeks to go! Woohoo!
This is what we've done in the "nursery" so far.....basically nothing. :) We got our crib about a week ago, and that was very exciting. It was closely followed by the La z boy, which is soooo comfortable. I'm anticipating some middle of the night feedings/sleepings in that thing.

We told these guys they could hang out in the crib for a couple of months while it wasn't being occupied.
Well, that's about it for now! I hope everyone has a Happy Easter tomorrow!!

10 comments:

Stefany said...

It is getting so CLOSE! I think we have that exact La Z Boy in our nursery, I love it! We can't wait to meet little Jed Bowers and all his new friends. Take care of yourself. - Stefany

Bunch of Oranges said...

You literally crack me up! I love love your shoe belly pic!!!!! That is one of the cutest and funniest things I have seen! I love your pics! You make me laugh out loud!!!!

Noe Family said...

Your new best friend in 11 short weeks will be that Laz-boy!!! Good choice my friend:-)

Maurine said...

That nursery will get full before you know it! Buddy has a great idea for a gift, but hasn't found the perfect one yet. I can't wait to see you in person!

*Kendra* said...

You're so funny! I love your "special" picture and it probably needs to be framed on Adam's night stand. He is the one that loves you, for you, right?! ;)

Angela said...

You look so happy and healthy! I agree, the shoe pic is hilarious. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen! You are adorable! It's so crazy to think you're having a baby! Congrats and I hope everything goes well!!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Is your belly moving from the basketball phase to the watermelon one yet? It just starts to look kinda scary about this point, doesn't it? You look so good, though, and it looks like y'all had such a special time with your family at your shower! Y'all sure are in our prayers!

The Blakes said...

Kirsten- You are the girl that makes everyone mad! You look way too good to be pregnant. You can see way too much feet. And by the way, why are there not any pictures of your cute Easter outfit blogged yet?

erin f. said...

HI! I finally started a blog, mostly so that I could write on other people's blogs! I am excited for you and Adam, you will be great parents. And of course you are an adorable expectant mom...you look like you swallowed a basketball :)